Over the past 29 years, Baldwin Research has provided scholarships to those who struggle financially to pay for their stay at The Freedom Model Retreat to address their addictions. This fund has historically been underfunded and the vast majority of scholarships have been unfunded discounts given to this population. For those who want to give directly to the fund to help the following underserved populations.
- The Elderly (this population is the fastest growing demographic struggling with substance use and has the highest suicide rate of any demographic in America today)
- Veterans and their Military Family Members (this population has high rates of addiction and the second highest suicide rate of any demographic in America today)
- First Responders including police, firefighters, EMS personnel (this population has very high rates of addiction and mental health issues and suicide)
- Native Americans and Native Alaskans (this population has extremely high rates of addiction and suicide)
- Homeless, Indigent and Disabled (these populations also have high rates of substance use and mental health problems)